Who You Are In Christ

Friends as a christian, to be effective for God we need to know, who we are in Christ. We cannot simply get saved and carry on as if nothing significant happened in our lives. As of that moment we need to embrace a new manner of thinking, one that helps us establish that God has enabled us and empowered us to do great things in our lives. There should be significant changes in how we respond to life and our circumstances in the future.

We should acknowledge, as believers we have the power to change our circumstances and create a higher life based on the what God has for us. I challenge you to read Deuteronomy 28 on the blessings of obedience in blows me away to think that God just asks for our obedience and we need never trudge through a drudgery in our lives instead He promises us every good thing. I want all those good things that loving and obeying God could bring into my life. Friends dont you see? Our God wants us to be prosperous, its when we only focus on prosperity that it brings sin into our lives. Folks yes, God wants us to have creature comforts, He has nothing against those things at all, it just what we do with it that counts. We ask God to bless us with luxury cars and SUV's though we are very reluctant to give folks that do not have transport to church a lift. We ask to be blessed with large fancy homes, and yet we never host men and women of God in our homes. We never invite the needy to share a meal with us. Neither do some of us want to be bothered with assisting other people with finance or help in whatever way they need it. These are the very things God is calling us as his church to.

We're afraid to spoil the fancy decor or mess up the precious carpets. When our hearts are in the right place God will go over and above to reach out and bless us, its only until we learn the concept of being a blessing like Jesus was, then only will you prosper under the hand of God. We need to be a blessing rather than to constantly want to be blessed and in so doing we will experience a flow of every good thing God has stored up for us.

These words were a huge blessing to me when I read them and I just thought I'd share them with you.


Our Thinking versus God's Promises

"It's impossible"
All things are possible (Luke 18:27)

"I'm too tired"
I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)

"Nobody really loves me"
I love you (John 3:16 & John 13:34)

"I can't go on"
My grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)

"I can't figure things out"
I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5-6)

"I can't do it"
You can do all things (Phillipians 4:13)

"I'm not able"
I am able (II Corinthians 9:8)

"It's not worth it"
It will be worth it (Romans 8:28)

"I can't forgive myself"
I forgive you (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)

"I can't manage"
I will supply all your needs (Phillipians 4:19)

"I'm afraid"
I have not given you a spirit of fear (II Timothy 1:7)

"I'm always worried and frustrated"
Cast all your cares on Me (I Peter 5:7)

"I don't have enough faith"
I've given everyone a measure of faith (Romans 12:3)

"I'm not smart enough"
I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30)

"I feel all alone"
I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)


To find out more about our self employed whilst working for Jesus programme, please email me at :

raydendhew@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PARABLE OF THE TALENTS

TRUSTING IN OUR GOD THROUGH THE RECESSION

LET GOD HELP YOU MANAGE STRESS